Saturday, August 23, 2008

What's Next on the Wall?

I've heard so much about Spencer Johnson's book, but have only now read it. I felt it deserved its popularity from the creative cramming of more than half a dozen principles into a cute, metaphor-filled storyline.

Usually it's just one lesson per story (e.g. parables?) or too many lessons forced out of a simple episode (e.g. the Titanic?).

I can imagine hundreds of corporate trainers telling the story in parts and asking, "What do you think Haw wrote on the wall after this?"

The one piece of wall-writing which stood out for me was: "Noticing Small Changes Early Helps Adapt You To The Bigger Changes That Are To Come."

Now that's a thought.

But another one comes to mind: Haw the LittlePeople was learning really fast! I know I'd hire such a dude.

Likewise, what have we been jotting down on our maze walls recently?

No comments: